Becoming a parent is one of the most wonderful and overwhelming endeavours I have been on. Mere days after our positive pregnancy test, I was hit with morning sickness. Little did I know getting sick would be the mark of all three of my pregnancies.
Once my daughter was born, I experienced the greatest joy and purest love of my whole life. That didn’t mean that postpartum was smooth sailing though. Soon basic tasks like unloading the dishwasher or making dinner seemed to take forever. I would be interrupted again and again. I felt drained and had a little someone needing me always. Additionally, I felt like I was being touched all. the. time. Getting a shower in felt near impossible, I was in my pjs until the afternoon sometimes, and my body was all out of sorts.
Postpartum feelings felt scary at times. Being the recipient of unsolicited parenting advice left me feeling confused and sensitive. Plus, I wasn’t sleeping as much as I should’ve been. On top of it, breastfeeding wasn’t exactly ‘pain-free.’
After having three babies, I feel so much more competent. Thanks to my own experience and my research, I created this page. Here you will find great resources and advice for new parents. As is the case with any advice for new parents, remember to listen to your gut and your doctor above all else 🙂
Best Resources and Advice for New Parents
- Moms’ Advice for First Trimester Low Energy and Morning Sickness
- Baby Must-Haves on a Budget
- Best Bottle For Breastfed Babies
- Why Sleep Training Might Not Work and What to do Instead
- The Number One Baby Sleep Tip
- The Best Advice for New Moms and What We Could’ve Done Without
- 19 Ways to Keep Your Baby Happy During Diaper Changes
- What’s Best for Baby’s Brain Development
Check out these awesome resources and advice for new parents #parenting #babies Click To Tweet