Find worthwhile information and articles on positive parenting strategies.
It should come as no surprise positive parenting strategies are the backbone of Parenting from the Heart. I became a positive parenting advocate largely because of the historic parenting of my family. My grandparents always said, “Don’t let the baby cry.” What reinforced it all was going to school and studying Developmental Psychology.
Positive parenting is referred to by many names. You may know it as attachment parenting, positive discipline, or empathetic parenting. The essence of positive parenting is that it is rooted in mutual respect, love and empathy. This does not mean in any way that positive parenting is permissive parenting. In fact, it is the happy medium between authoritarian parenting that relies on strict, harsh punishment and permissive parenting which does not set or follow through on rules and standards.
So What Does Research Say? Why Positive Parenting Strategies Above All Else?
- They work,
- are backed by decades of research,
- maintain trust between the parent and child,
- don’t use punishment,
- increase moral reasoning,
- and, so much more.
The Best Positive Parenting Posts on Parenting from the Heart
- Positive Parenting Strategies for Difficult Toddler Behaviour
- How Negative Language Impacts Children
- Parenting a Strong-Willed Child: The key to it all
- How to get your Sensitive Son to Man-Up
- 5 Positive Parenting Alternatives to Timeouts
- The One Way You Can Spoil A Baby
Sign up and get valuable parenting resources sent to your inbox
When you sign up for my newsletter, as a thank you, I will send you an ebooklet filled with tips to improve kids listening, stay calm in the heat of the moment and more!